Soundscapes Hamilton – Crows of St. Andrew’s Church Ancaster Ontario

St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church – recorded Oct 10th, 2014.

The congregation was founded in 1826 by Rev. George Sheed who came from Scotland. In 1830, Rev. Sheed built a home on the Hermitage property, just a short distance down a country lane from the future church.

The original St. Andrew’s church was a framed building on a stone foundation. Construction started in 1832, but Sheed died before work could be completed. As a result, Rev. Sheed became the first person to be buried in the Church’s cemetery.

The wooden church was replaced by the current stone structure in 1874.