Thank you for dropping by! It has been almost a year since my last post. Unfortunately, there wasn’t enough time for both art and blog posts. With the start of a new year, I hope to post more consistently, but less frequently.
Over the past 9 months I have been very busy with art projects:
1. Successfully created a digital sketch for the first ever online exhibit of botanical art that was staged by the Botanical Artists of Canada. This work built on my summer efforts to use my iPad for drawings. This work also represented the start of new series of projects that explore themes of plants and architecture.
2. Successfully completed a project proposal that was submitted almost at the last minute. While the proposal was not accepted, it showed me new possibilities for the future.
3. Worked hard to create and complete a piece for VAM39. Unfortunately, I was unable to make the deadline, but look forward to next year’s juried competition.
4. Successfully cleaned and reorganized my studio. While this may not sound like much, it represented 2 months of effort and many trips to the dump. With this studio house-cleaning project done, I will be better able to create larger works of art in the future.
5. Finally, on short notice, I created a piece for a person who was retiring. While the work could have used more time, the fact that I was able to successfully compete the project within a month is a major achievement.
That brings things up to date.
For the future, you can expect posts about once per month
Again, thanks for dropping by.