Hamilton to Port Dover Railway Line
This road is the former route of the Hamilton to Port Dover Railway Line. Plans for the railway were developed in 1835, but construction never began because of an economic recession that occurred in the late 1830s.
Allan MacNab revived the project in 1853 and construction began in 1855. The costs of scaling the escapement bankrupted the company and all work had to come to a stop.
In 1869, the company was re-organized and re-named the Hamilton to Lake Erie Railway Company. After merger with another railway company in 1873, the finally reached Port Dover in 1878.