1. On Painting – getting caught up in details (1.55 minutes)
2. On New Technique -trying out finger painting (2.15 minutes)
3. On New Projects -doing finger painting (0.40 minutes)
4. On the Hermitage – joining forces with Rob Patry (0.40 minutes)
5. On the Hermitage – latest developments (2.35 minutes)
Painting outdoors is about speed and editing; capturing only the most important elements. This summer, however, I been loaded down with details and time. So, I decided to mix things up with a change in technique: finger painting. Using my fingers to sketch and paint buildings and landscapes. Traditionally, you only show your most successful pieces, but I feel the journey is just as important and as the distination.
For my first attempt at a finger painting, I decided to use a large 40 by 48 inch canvas. It was surprisingly hard to spread the paint around and the amount of paint required was quite alot.