St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church – recorded Oct 10th, 2014.
The congregation was founded in 1826 by Rev. George Sheed who came from Scotland. In 1830, Rev. Sheed built a home on the Hermitage property, just a short distance down a country lane from the future church.
The original St. Andrew’s church was a framed building on a stone foundation. Construction started in 1832, but Sheed died before work could be completed. As a result, Rev. Sheed became the first person to be buried in the Church’s cemetery.
The wooden church was replaced by the current stone structure in 1874.
Soundscape Hamilton Art Project – recorded 28 Aug 2015. What does a building sound like? Soundscape Hamilton is an art project that explores the sound profile of each building.
Recorded on Aug 28th, 2015 at 5:39 pm in Hamilton, Ontario – Bowman Street. One of the most peaceful locations in the west end of Hamilton.