St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church – recorded Oct 10th, 2014.
The congregation was founded in 1826 by Rev. George Sheed who came from Scotland. In 1830, Rev. Sheed built a home on the Hermitage property, just a short distance down a country lane from the future church.
The original St. Andrew’s church was a framed building on a stone foundation. Construction started in 1832, but Sheed died before work could be completed. As a result, Rev. Sheed became the first person to be buried in the Church’s cemetery.
The wooden church was replaced by the current stone structure in 1874.
Sights and Sounds is a new short film series that features field recordings and short videos. Running about ten minutes in length, each film highlights a natural landscape in the Hamilton region. The films are a little longer than normal, so the viewer is able to get into the moment of each place.